Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hmmm Hmmm GOOD.

So, I know most people think McDonalds is a cop out for making a good healthy dinner, and most people think it's just downright gross.
However, I beg to differ. It is my favorite fast food restaurant, and I have had to limit myself to only visiting once a week. Well, it had been 8 long days, and just now, for dinner, I treated myself to a Quarter Pounder w/o Cheese Meal. French fries. Sprite. It was so good. I keep saying to Ken that I'd go back right now and get another one if I didn't think I'd have a heart attack 5 minutes later! The french fries were the perfect amount of salty, the perfect temperature, and not soggy at all, but not overly crispy. The burger had the perfect amount of onions and I had a brand new bottle of ketchup to dip it in! :) And of course, the sprite was perfectly bubbly and carbonated.
Ok, I'm done with that now.

I read a great book- The Shack. A lot of people have been reading it lately and I'd actually never heard of it till I saw it onsale in Walmart... but then as I mentioned it on my facebook, I got so many responses from people saying how much they loved it. Only one person actually hated it. It taught me quite a bit about how my relationship with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit should be. It also taught me that the trinity is indeed ONE being. One person. We separate them a lot, but really, they live in each other as one... and that is what God wants with us. To live in us, to have a true, steadfast friendship. The way the main character spoke to God once he "met" him was like they had known each other for years. It was interesting to witness that kind of companionship between our Father and a human just like me. There were some tragic parts of the novel, of course, but that is how Mack (the main character) came to meet God at the shack. I really need to revisit my spirituality and get back in tune with God and including Him in my everyday activity. So many times I neglect to put my focus on Him. I get so caught up in my human endeavors and the negative aspects of life... when really, I have no negative areas in my life. I am so lucky and it's not exactly BECAUSE of God, but because of how I've chosen to live my life. God has just been along for the ride, and has wanted desperately to be included. I learned from the book that above all, unconditional love and trust are the 2 most essential things in a good relationship with Him. Go read the book- it will alter your way of thinking quite a bit!
Oh- and the first part of the book to me was really slow and I actually thought the writing was wordy and cheesy. But once you get past that and get to the meat of the story, you will be pleasantly surprised!

On a random note, I hit red lights way too often. I swear- I have this weird electric energy that must come out of me b/c each time I drive, I hit every red light that exists. It happens when I am with Ken too, but he swears it doesn't happen when he is by himself.

Also, I have noticed that I never pick up my drink from the middle of the cup. I always pick it up from the top or the lid. Is that weird? I think it's because I don't want to get my hand cold or have the condensation make it wet. I really hate when my hands get wet. Or when anything gets on my hands for that matter.

It is really cold here in Wilmington. Temperatures have dropped below freezing which is very rare for the coastal carolinas! I like it b/c the air feels clean... however I wish I could see it snow or something. Then I'd TRULY appreciate it. It's just bitter cold...

I need to dye my roots. I have the box ready but it just is an annoying process. I feel like Romy and Michele back in their high school days. Blonde hair and black roots. Sexy.

1 comment:

sarahkis said...

It is supposed to snow a little tomorrow night, and then enough to stick on Tuesday, so you just might get your wish. And, i dont think your blog is lame. Are you and Ken going to be trying for little Robancho's soon??:) lol